Payroll Administrator based in Coventry
About the Company: We are actively recruiting for a business who are situated within Coventry.
Job overview: To process the payroll administration, ensuring effective compliance and adherence to deadlines.
Daily tasks will include:
- Oversee and direct payroll procedures.
- Providing payroll support, taking responsibility for the processing of a large 4 weekly/ weekly payroll and dealing with statutory calculations including Tax, NI, SSP, SMP, SMP etc.
- Managing starters, changes and leavers, ensuring P45’s are received/issued and tax codes updated to facilitate first and last payments
- Consolidating weekly timesheets.
- Managing monthly tax filings and ad-hoc HMRC payment queries.
- Being responsible for dealing with payroll queries, out of cycle payroll payment requests (including deduction processing) and producing payroll reports.
- Liaising with Branch staff to validate and sense-check payment files prior to submission.
- Loading payment files through our banking provider.
- Pension Submissions.
- Ensure compliance and applicable laws and payroll tax obligations
- Calculating annual leave on the database.
- Improving current process.
- Previous Payroll Administration experience.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel intermediate level.
- A motivated individual willing to take on new challenges as the payroll department progresses.
What is in it for you?
- Full time permanent role
- Salary £28k – £30k per annum depending on experience.